Work Placement Job Description
A King’s Recruit work placement gives students and young people the opportunity to work in a variety of different roles including multi-activity coaches, play leaders and specialist sports coaching positions.
As a work placement student you’ll be working with children aged 4 to 17. With a hassle free application and interview process, our work placements are tailored to suit each individual, not only providing you with enhanced employment credentials but also fulfilling compulsory course requirements for many colleges and universities.
We’re flexible about how many hours or weeks you need to work (although this will usually be three weeks on a placement basis) as well as where you work – we have hundreds of different opportunities for work placements throughout the UK and abroad.
What’s in it for you?
The work placement programme is structured to provide evidence of clearly identified learning outcomes that offer you the following benefits:
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Minimum of 90 hours contact time
- Record of employability
- Personal Evaluation and PLAR (Prior Learning and Recognition) accreditation
- Free King’s Recruit Enhanced CRB Disclosure Certificate
- Free staff uniform
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with King’s Recruit
- The opportunity to help make a difference to the lives of children from all backgrounds
You will benefit from:
- Working in an experienced staff team of coaches and managers who provide a strong support network
- Delivering market-leading activity programmes with a great range of sports and activities
- Excellent locations – some of the best university and school sites in the UK as well as residential locations in the UK and abroad
- Excellent training – market-leading on-line and on-site training covering customer care, child protection, child supervision, child welfare and behaviour, health and safety, sports coaching techniques and creative and dynamic session development.
Staff selection policy
Child welfare is our number one priority and therefore all Kings Camps staff must:
- Be interviewed
- Provide professional and personal references
- Complete an Enhanced Disclosure Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)