Top 10 Manager Tips
1. Complete online learning
- You should now have completed online learning and read through the relevant additional reading documents however if you have not started this, please do so now. If you have questions or concerns, contact your Regional Manager or a member of the Head Office Operations team as a priority.
- If you cannot log on, please contact our Contracting Team on 0114 263 2155.
- Use your unique username and password (on your contract dashboard) to login
- Start to view all the resources, online forms, PDF’s (to print) relating to staff, children and your venue
- Start to digest key information andmake yourself aware of any challenging children/medical needs – have a plan to support these children
- Ensure the Swim Coach has their own copy of the activity register
- Keep a daily eye on updates
3.Contact your staff team
- Create a WhatsApp group and introduce yourself to all your staff. The sooner you do this the better. Suggested first question: ‘Who’s a returner? What can you tell us about camp?’
- Send a welcome email to ensure:
- They are attending Induction Day – if not have they informed Head Office, if not why not? And let us know!
- They have completed their Online learning and have printed their LAC certificate to bring to Induction Day
- Advise them about Eligibility to Work ID checks and what’s acceptable
- Find out what groups they would be comfortable working with and any particular sports they excel in
4.Get in touch with the venue
- Ensure everything is ready to go
- Has the equipment arrived and have they signed for a number of Arts and Crafts boxes – this is your stock for Summer don’t use it all at once!
- Double check they know you are having an Induction Day – confirm the time and date
- Let them know what time you would like the doors opening each morning, remember parents and children will be on site from 8:15!
5.Call your Regional Manager
- Contact your Regional Manager (if they’ve not already contacted you) and established a positive working relationship
- Is induction day prepared? Have you been through the checklist to see what you can organise in advance?
- Get there in advance of the staff arriving so you can find the right place and get things sorted. It looks bad if staff think you don’t know what you’re doing!
- Understand the space available to plan branding locations, Timetables, Extended Hours, Wet Wednesday, Kings Games, Induction Day and have an idea of where everything will go – e.g. registration, equipment, where kids will eat etc…
- Set your expectations!
7.Timetables for the weeks ahead
- Do your weekly timetables including an Extended Hours and a Wet Weather timetable. Use the one on the Manager’s Portal as your first point of reference and send it to your Regional Manager to check and then send to staff.
- Have you planned some coach’s challenges for lunchtime and how you will incorporate the theme of the week into camp?
8.Look at your Staff Rota once received from HO
- How have you utilised staff? Who are the returners, who has coaching experience, who has skills in a specific sport?
- Discuss with your Regional Manager where necessary and then send out to staff so they are aware of their hours for the week
- Explain on Induction Day how the First Aiders are assigned and who will be paid as a First Aider (as per the rota)
9.The Kings Factor
- How is your camp going to bring the Kings Factor? How might you stand out? Be on the lookout for staff who are excelling and nominate them for the FastTrack Programme.
……AND FINALLY NUMBER 10
- Have a cup of tea and relax, you’ll do great!