Sports Staff Job Description
The Sports Staff are responsible for ensuring that all guests get the opportunity to take part in some of the most thrilling recreational activities on the high seas. You will be part of an energetic and dynamic team who facilitate active sports sessions, oversee the operation of outdoor recreational activities as well as engage guests in fun and dynamic themed parties.
Working on Royal Caribbean cruise liners, you will be on board for 6-months and 3 weeks at a time, with short breaks in-between contracts.
- Sports/Fitness/Health Education Degree or Diploma.
- One to two years physical fitness and/or recreational sports instruction background with resorts, sports facilities or related recreational facilities required (such as fitness instructor or sports coach would be desirable).
- Master of Ceremonies experience or some childcare experience preferred.
- Ability to coordinate and instruct recreational sports and activities for large groups and/or individual sessions.
- Ability to provide one-on-one rock climbing wall instruction. Rock climbing (manual belay) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of the rules of basketball, volleyball, golf, ping-pong, shuffle board, etc.
- Passion for working with people of all ages / abilities
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Outgoing Nature
- Professional demeanour
- Energetic character
- Competitive salary
- All food and accommodation costs included
- Gain amazing experiences worldwide
- Take your first career steps in the travel and tourism industry
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends