Camp Manager – Job description
Earn money and gain valuable experience doing something you love!
Kings Camps are a market leading non-profit organisation offering sports and activity day camps at over 50 UK locations, getting children and young people active, having fun and learning together
Our coaches – we call them Red Tops – deliver high quality sports camps with an energy, passion and commitment to child development that we call the Kings Factor®.
The Camp Manager has overall responsibility for the safety of children, motivating and leading their team, venue management and delivering our customer promises.
- Studying or graduated with a childcare, sport or teaching related degree or a relevant qualification
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of working with 4-17s in a sports coaching, education or activity setting
- Experience of planning and timetabling activities
- Ability to maintain high standards of health and safety and safeguarding
- A valid paediatric first aid qualification (Training opportunities available)
- Exceptional leadership and organisational skills
- Vibrant, fun, confident personality
- Commitment to high quality service to parents and children
- Willingness to lead from the front
- Ability to instil excitement and motivation in staff and children
- Willingness to adapt
Hours, Rate of Pay
- 08.00-18.00 Daily. £466 per week (pro rata for 3 and 4 day camps.
Dates and Location
- Over 50 locationsin England, Scotland and Wales.
- Our camps take place during the school holidays in February, Easter, May, Summer and October – we expect your commitment to a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks but dependent upon the length of a season.
Staff Selection Process
Child welfare is our number one priority, therefore our selection includes:
- Interview, either in-person or by Skype
- Professional and personal reference checks
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)