Junior Activities Staff – Job Description
Crystal Cruise childcare staff are responsible for providing safe; fun filled and age appropriate activities for all children onboard on these luxury ships.
- To create and facilitate the Junior Activities Program Layout by utilizing the Entertainment Schedule, the Movie Schedule, and the Cruise Layout
- To e-mail the appropriate department(s) that will be needed for assistance in any scheduled activities.
- To set up and close down Fantasia/Waves every day of the cruise.
- To be at the program 10 to 15 minutes before and after the scheduled time for set up, clean up and child pick-up.
- To organize a ‘welcome aboard orientation meeting’ for all the families on board who are eligible to participate in the Junior or Teen program.
- To create and distribute, the Surf Runner and Teen Scene for all program days upon the Assistant Cruise Director’s approval.
- To create and distribute a ‘Welcome Package’ for all participating Junior Cruisers and Teenage Cruisers.
- To create and distribute a ‘Welcome Package’ for any children, ages 0 – 3, who will not be part of the Junior Activity Program.
- To adhere to all Crystal procedures and policies as they are laid out in the Junior Activities Director’s Practical Users Guide.
- To participate in responsibilities common to all shipboard staff, such as, but not limited to emergency drills or other shipboard duties pertaining to the safety of Guests, or responsibilities assigned by CCI.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives at all times.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every month and to submit it to the Assistant Cruise Director in a timely manner.
- To attend all required meetings and trainings, safety related or otherwise, in a punctual and timely manner.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- College education and/or teaching certificate recommended
- Experience with children and/or childcare training required.
- Very good interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and an approachable demeanor.
- Must be a team player with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
- Must be able to speak proficient English. (speak, read and write fluently)
- Be able to obtain a valid passport and United States C1/D Visas. (USC and Canadians don’t need a C1/D Visa)
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass one of Crystal’s approved Medicals
- Must pass STCW Basic Safety Training
- Submit criminal background check
- Must have hospitality skills & be focused on guest services.
- Must be willing to work with children from ages 2 to 11 years old and children with special needs as well as children under the age of 2 years.
- Must be outgoing and able to lead large groups of children.
- Flights and transfers included.
- All meals provided
- Accommodation included
- Salary: $1750 USD per month (un-taxed)
- Take your first career steps in the travel and tourism industry
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends
- Uniform included
Apply for this job