Junior Activities Manager – Job Description
Crystal Cruise childcare staff are responsible for providing safe; fun filled and age appropriate activities for all children onboard on these luxury ships.
Communication and Management
- Ability to work with all ship team members.
- Responsible for facilitating and delivering the Junior Activities Program Layout and Kings Active Programme.
- Responsible for the management of all JADs in Programme. I.e. scheduling, supervision and evaluations.
- Hosts Welcome Aboard Orientation Meeting for all the families on board.
- Facilitate effective communication with other departments to ensure passengers obtain the correct program information.
- Communicate with other departments and Cruise Director in regards to the usage of other spaces onboard in a professional manner that portrays the Crystal values.
- Complete and submit Voyage Reports following the set administrative procedure.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings, safety related or otherwise, in a punctual and timely manner.
- Ensure regular meetings with the Cruise Director are conducted providing updates on programming and staff performance.
- To adhere to all Crystal procedures and policies as they are laid out.
- To oversee the ‘Welcome Package’ for all Junior Cruisers and Teenage Cruisers.
- To create and distribute, the Surf Runner and Teen Scene for all program days upon the Assistant Cruise Director’s approval.
- To undergo start and final inventory check.
- To monitor supplies, prize inventories and office supplies.
- To ensure that Company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times
- To practice the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
- To practice all safety procedures and policies with regards to children at all times.
- To participate in all safety related activities as directed by Chief Officer.
- To participate in responsibilities common to all shipboard staff, such as, but not limited to emergency drills or other shipboard duties pertaining to the safety of Guests, or responsibilities assigned by CCI.
- Other safety responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- Relevant degree or qualifications in childcare, sports coaching or equivalent
- Management experience within a small team
- Understanding and experience in staff management and facilities maintenance dependent on space and age ranges of children involved
- Very good interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and an approachable demeanor.
- Must be a team player with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
- Must be able to speak proficient English. (speak, read and write fluently)
- Be able to obtain a valid passport and United States C1/D Visas. (USC and Canadians don’t need a C1/D Visa)
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass one of Crystal’s approved Medicals
- Must pass STCW Basic Safety Training
- Submit criminal background check
- Must have hospitality skills & be focused on guest services.
- Must be willing to work with children from ages 2 to 11 years old and children with special needs as well as children under the age of 2 years.
- Must be outgoing and able to lead large groups of children.
- Flights and transfers included.
- All meals provided
- Accommodation included
- Salary: $2250 per month (un-taxed)
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends
Apply for this job