Getting a C1D Visa
Getting a C1 D Visa
You can obtain a visa in at the US Embassy in London or the US Consulate in Belfast
- Prior to booking your Visa appointment, you must complete a DS-160 application form. https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/.
- Once you have completed your DS-160 application, you can book a Visa appointment either online https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb or over the phone.
- From the UK, call 020 3608 6998. Calls to this line are charged at £1.23/min plus network extras. Callers from outside the U.K. and some mobile and network providers cannot access this number. From the United States should dial 703-439-2367. Callers are charged a fixed rate of $20.00 which is payable by credit card. You will be required to provide the agent with a U.K. address when scheduling the appointment.
- The cost of a C1D visa is $160.00 (approx £97). This must be paid by credit card, over the phone or online, when you make the appointment. Only Visa, MasterCard, American Express credit cards are accepted.
- Once you have booked your appointment your letter of employment will be issued.
- When attending your appointment you must have your letter of employment from NCL.
- You will need to allow 10 working days after your appointment to get your passport back PLEASE NOTE: If your Visa appointment is less than 3 weeks before your confirmed start date you will need to arrange express delivery of your Visa. This needs to be paid for at least 3 days ahead of your scheduled appointment!
Completing your DS-160 application form
Whilst completing your DS-160, the following information will be needed:
- For place of stay whilst in the US – detail NCL’s Head office
- NCL Head Office Address: 7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126,
- NCL Contact number is: (305) 436-4000
- NCL are funding the trip
- King’s Recruit are the Crewing Agency – our address is The King’s Foundation, 47 Snaithing Lane, Fulwood, Sheffield, S10 3LF
- NCL Ships do not have an ID number – please enter your assigned ships name eg, Epic, Jewel Etc
- For arrival & length of stay – please put down assigned arrival date & duration of contract for stay (eg 3 months, 6 months)
Attending you Visa Appointment – Handy Tips
- For this application you will need a photo, you have the option of taking a photo with you or you can get one done at the London embassy for £5.
- Please be aware of security requirements at the Embassy. No mobile phones, keys allowed in the embassy. In London they have a chemist close by for you to deposit these items safely for £3 (see Map)
- If you have any blisters or cuts to any fingers or thumbs the embassy will not be able to take your fingerprints and you will be turned away from your appointment.
Visa Appointment Checklist – please make sure you have:
PRINTED off the appointment letter
PRINTED off the Receipt of payment – (MRV receipt)
PRINTED the confirmation letter for DS-160 Application
PRINTED your Letter for Crew
Once you have received your visa, please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org