Full-Time Early Years Coordinator Job Description
Under the direction of the Youth Program Manager, the Early Years Coordinator is a Youth Counselor who oversees the under age 5 program and is responsible for the implementation of all early year programming as it relates to the Passenger Programs and Entertainment Department. The EYC will be regarded as a member of the Youth Staff and be required to participate in all under age 5 activities as directed by the Youth Program Manager. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- The Early Years Coordinator must be passionate about working with children and embrace the Norwegian Cruise Line Mission.
- This specific role requires attention to the early years program and familiarization with Wee Can Too and Cruise and Create Programs. This position also requires attention to activities for baby, toddler and parents.
- As a member of the Entertainment Team, the Early Years Coordinator is responsible for implementing any of the scheduled youth and family activities that take place outside of the center as assigned.
- Must be accessible and approachable with guests, both young and old. Must be a patient listener and offer hospitality service to the guests even when the situation falls outside of the Youth Programs.
- Assist with the maintenance of storage, inventory and ordering of all equipment, supplies, gifts and prizes, which are specific to the Early Years program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- A Degree or foreign equivalent in a course related to childcare
- A current and active CPR/First Aid Certifications
- A minimum of two years experience in a combination of programming and implementing early years recreation, sports and or childhood education for ages 6 months to 5 years
- Minimum one year experience in a nursery or kindergarten
- Minimum of 2 years experience in programming and implementing children’s different learning styles, knowledge of ages and stages and knowledge of current trends in early childhood development
- Minimum 1 year experience in programming and implementing theatrical drama related activities
- 1 year experience of special needs programming strongly preferred
- Intermediate advanced level English verbal and writing skills including the proper use of English grammar
- Intermediate verbal and writing skills in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French or Italian is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skills in typing and computer software skill; microsoft word, excel
- Unique hobbies are a plus: to include but are not limited to: Juggling, Theater, Gymnastics, Sports, Dance, Singing.
- Passion for working with young children
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Outgoing Nature
- Professional demeanor
- Energetic character
- Gain amazing experiences worldwide
- Save your salary (food and accommodation costs met)
- Take your first career steps in the travel and tourism industry
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends
Create a profile (you must have a profile to apply)