Sports and Activity Leader Job Description
The sports and activity team are flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our younger guests have a fun-filled and enjoyable time, which is what keeps families coming back year after year. The resorts may have incredible facilities for young people, but it is our team that really counts and makes the difference.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby “nothing is too much trouble”. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Care for children aged from five to thirteen years planning and delivering an engaging and appropriate activity plan.
- Ensure that the guests and their children benefit from the highest possible level of “Scott Dunn” service.
- Be adept at keeping an efficient and accurate record of plans and routines.
- Be confident in dealing with Scott Dunn guests.
- Liaise with UK office, the children’s club manager and other staff and work as a team.
- Have a flexible approach to ‘stepping in’ where necessary.
- Provide a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment for children.
- Care for children in the Explorers between 10:00am and 6:00pm.
- Plan and deliver a range of activities both indoors and outdoors including evening entertainment in peak weeks.
- Provide a nutritious lunch and healthy morning and afternoon snacks and ensure food is prepared according to Scott Dunn’s food hygiene policy.
- Ensure that the children’s club is clean and tidy with toys and equipment put away at the end of each day.
- Communicate with parents at the end of the day and throughout their holiday regarding their child’s wellbeing.
- Provide a degree of flexibility wherever possible to meet parent’s needs and wishes.
- Ensure all paperwork, daily records and accident and incident forms are completed and filed correctly.
Abilities and Expectations
- Love and ability to work with children aged between four months and thirteen years of age
- Team player
- Good self-motivation
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Organised and pro-active
- Outgoing and fun
- Must be a strong swimmer
Essential Qualifications / Requirements
- Sports coaching qualification
- Experience of coaching sports to children
- Available for the whole season (March to September)
- UK or EU passport holder
- UK national insurance number
- UK bank account
- A clean, full driving licence is desirable
Package and Benefits
- A competitive salary
- Full medical insurance (covering you in and out of work)
- Return travel from the UK
- Comprehensive training course
Apply for this job