Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa – Family Entertainer Job Description
An oasis of luxury, Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa is set on 124 acres of stunning scenery and home to 3 hotels, 9 restaurants, 3 pool bars, a 1000 seat Amphitheatre and much more.
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa are currently looking for a Family Entertainer that can provide recreational, entertainment and social programs for families, adults and children. Family Entertainers serve as a Master of Ceremonies for a range of different activities on the resort. Family Entertainers are required to inform, motivate and entertain a range of ages and group sizes of guests throughout their contract.
This is a new programme being developed and therefore there will be opportunities to make this role your own!
- Host, organise and instruct activities for all ages including but not limited to:
- Sports based activities
- Water based activities
- Circus skills
- Arts and Crafts
- Theme nights
- Socialise with guests in the public areas on resort to provide a high level of customer service
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures as laid out
- Assemble and disassemble any props or equipment required and return to storage area
- Maintain inventory of any equipment, prizes, and office supplies required and ensure that all stock is ordered where required
- To ensure all company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times
- To attend all required meetings and trainings in a punctual and timely manner
- To participate in all emergency procedures and duties pertaining to the safety of guests on resort.
- Relevant qualification or degree is preferred
- A minimum of two years in either entertainment or guest relations industry
- Experience working with all ages in both small and large groups
- Comfortable hosting a range of activities in front of a large group of adults and children
- Outgoing nature
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Accommodation – provided offsite with regular shuttle service
- All visas and flights are covered by Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa
- 5 day working week
- Training and induction will be provided once on resort
- Uniform provided (blue shorts and white t-shirt)
- Staff are required to maintain a smart/casual appearance when on resort