Guest Relations Job Description with Scott Dunn
Scott Dunn children’s club is for children up to the age of 11, with 6 kids clubs in Med and also a club in the Maldives. The roles focuses on offering a structured programme of age-appropriate activities and designed to provide the best care and fun for the younger guests on vacation.
To run and manage the children’s club operation in resort ensuring the children are cared for in a safe environment and an exciting and stimulating programme of activities are provided to all age groups. To be the point of contact for all Scott Dunn guests staying in the resort ensuring their stay is enjoyable and trouble free.
- Ensure the guests and their children benefit from the highest level of childcare.
- Organise and manage the Explorers for children aged 4 months to 13 years.
- Manage and oversee a team of nannies and rangers.
- Liaise with Scott Dunn UK office and Childcare Projects Manager.
- Greet Scott Dunn guests on their arrival at the hotel and undertake other responsibilities of the Guest Relations Manager role.
- Manage the day to day running and operation of the children’s club, reporting directly to the Childcare Projects Manager in the UK office.
- Ensure care is provided for children in the Explorers between 10:00am and 6:00pm.
- Work in ratio if required during the season.
- Organise, attend and minute weekly meetings with the childcare team.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented to guarantee the effective operation of the club and that all staff are adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out as and when required.
- Plan and implement a range of activities both indoors and outdoors including evening entertainment in peak weeks.
- Organise excursions and activities in resort and off-site.
- Build and maintain positive relations with outside suppliers such as offsite trips and activity providers etc.
- Work with the hotel attending weekly management meetings as required.
- Maintain a relationship between the resort and Scott Dunn so that any issues are promptly dealt with.
- Confirm room allocation with the resort prior to guests’ arrival and check against any specific requests.
- Plan transfers each week by checking or booking taxis or car hire. Check car seat requirements and keep track of taxi transfers so the appropriate payments can be made in the UK.
- Meet and greet all Scott Dunn guests on arrival to ensure they are settled in and are given information on the resort and children’s club.
- Visit guests throughout the week or as required to solve any guest issues.
- Managing your own accounts such as accounting for welcome packs, guest accessories etc. on a weekly basis.
- Have a flexible approach to the role and be prepared to step in where necessary.
Abilities and Expectations
- Love and ability to work with children aged between 4 months and 13 years of age
- Excellent self-motivation
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Organised and pro-active
- Outgoing and fun
- Strong swimmer
- Team player
- Good numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Good computer skills including Word and Excel
- Eye for detail
- Outstanding work ethic
Essential Qualifications / Requirements
- CACHE level three qualified or equivalent recognised childcare qualification
- Managerial/senior experience in a childcare setting
- At least two years’ experience in a childcare setting
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- A clean, full driving license is essential
- Available for the whole season
- UK or EU passport holder
- UK national insurance number
- UK bank account
Package and Benefits
- A competitive salary of £250 per week.
- Accommodation included.
- Insurance included (for in and out of work activities)
- All travel expenses from and to the UK included.
- Uniform included.
- Comprehensive training course.
- Career progression with opportunities in our winter programme.
Dates and Apply
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract duration: 6 Months