Crew Leader (Teen) Job Description
Job opportunity working with teens abroad
This role is the perfect opportunity for professionals with experience of working with children and teenagers who wish to progress in the job they love, in a stunning environment with Scott Dunn.
The role involves working with children aged 11 years and up, organising a variety of activities in and around resort with a sports focus as well as getting them out on the water experiencing new activities such as stand up paddle boarding and waterskiing. Whether it’s a game of basketball or water polo challenge in the pool, our Teen Leaders are enthusiastic and motivated individuals who provide a really fun and varied activity programme.
Our team are flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our younger guests have a fun-filled and enjoyable time, which is what keeps families coming back year after year. The resorts may have incredible facilities for young people, but it is our team that really counts and makes the difference.
In your spare time you will be exploring hidden beaches, seeking out unspoilt villages and enjoying the local delicacies and culture. If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, that enables you to live in some of Europe’s most desirable coastal locations and to work alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this is the position for you.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby “nothing is too much trouble”. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Lead activities for children and young people aged from eleven and up planning and delivering an engaging and appropriate activity plan.
- Ensure that the guests and their children benefit from the highest possible level of service.
- Be adept at keeping an efficient and accurate record of plans and routines.
- Be confident in dealing with Scott Dunn guests.
- Liaise with UK office, the children’s club manager and other staff and work as a team.
- Have a flexible approach to ‘stepping in’ where necessary.
- Provide a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment for children and young people.
- Lead activities over flexible hours each day.
- Plan and deliver a range of activities both indoors and outdoors including evening entertainment in peak weeks.
- Provide a nutritious lunch and healthy morning and afternoon snacks and ensure food is prepared according to Scott Dunn’s food hygiene policy.
- Maintain and look after toys and equipment and ensure they are put away at the end of each day.
- Communicate with parents at the end of the day and throughout their holiday regarding their child’s wellbeing.
Abilities and Expectations
- Love and ability to work with children and young people aged eleven years and older.
- Team player
- Good self-motivation
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Organised and pro-active
- Outgoing and fun
- Must be a strong swimmer
Essential Qualifications / Requirements
- Sports coaching qualification
- Experience of coaching sports to children and young people
- Available for the whole season (June to September)
- UK or EU passport holder
- UK national insurance number
- UK bank account
- A clean, full driving licence is desirable
Package and Benefits
- A competitive salary
- Full medical insurance (covering you in and out of work)
- Return travel from the UK