Carnival UK Recruitment Process
Thanks for creating a profile with us! You have progressed to the first stage of the process and have been selected to create an application for Carnival UK
Click here for details of the role of Kings Recruit, relationship to clients as well as some legal rights for candidates.
Stage 1 – Successful Interview with Kings Recruit
To start the application process with Carnival UK, please do the following:
- Complete a Youth Staff Application Form
- Scan and send in your Passport
- Scan and send in your Qualification Certificates (you will need to take the originals to your face to face interview)
Please ensure you have also read the relevant job description: Playroom Youth Staff, Teen Youth Staff.
Click here to send us your Application Forms
Stage 2 – Telephone Interview with Carnival UK
- Your application will be submitted to Carnival UK. If successful, you will be contacted directly by Carnival UK and offered a telephone interview within 10 working days.
- If you are successful at the telephone interview, you will be invited to attend a face to face interview at Carnival UK Head Office in Southampton or to one of our Assessment Days.
Stage 3 – Face to Face Interview with Carnival UK
The face to face interview with last around 1 hour. You will be asked 4 questions connected to safeguarding. You will then be asked to present the introduction to an activity you would deliver to a group of children of your preferred age group.
You will be informed of your interview outcome within 3 working days.
Stage 4 – Pre-Employment with Carnival UK
Once you have successfully completed the application process, Carnival UK will send over the Final Steps for Employment. All of this is solely managed by Carnival UK’s scheduling department but Kings Recruit are happy to offer any advise. It is also important to keep Kings Recruit informed of your progress as this is the only way we can fully assist you.
Over the next period you will be required to complete the following documents:
- Training will cover Safeguarding, First Aid and a full Company Induction
- Training takes place over 4 days (CUK will provide dates for you to choose from) and can be broken up over weekends or done consecutively
- All costs will be covered while at training
- Every crew member needs to have a medical assessment. Medical details will be provided by Carnival UK.
- The approximate cost of the medical is £80 – £100, which will be reimbursed once on ship.
- There are several visas that may be requested of you. Visa details will be provided by Carnival UK.
- The cost of a C1d Visa is £130, you will be reimbursed for the cost of your visa once on ship.
Stage 4 – Ship Assignment and Start Date
Once all of the above steps have been completed and you have become compliant, you will be assigned a ship and start date! It is imperative that you communicate your joining date and ship to Kings Recruit so that it can be noted on your file.
- E-mails from Carnival UK can sometimes end up in your junk mail folder. Please check your spam / junk mail folder frequently.
- Travel to and from the Carnival UK Head Office in Southampton for the interview is at your own cost.
- Travel to and from the Carnival UK Head Office in Southampton for training is reimbursed by Carnival.