Carnival Cruise Youth – Character Job Description
Youth Staff / Character is responsible for providing the most FUN and memorable vacations to our younger guests.
The Youth Staff / Character job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Youth Staff and character performers need to have the energy and outgoing personality to bring characters on board to life! They need to have a real passion for working with children and a love for life!
- Perform in character costumes during scheduled child and adult activities!
- Ensuring the safety and supervision of all children participating in activities.
- Follow and implement the Policies and Procedures set forth in the Hotel Operations Manual and maintain an up to date knowledge of the manual.
- Be aware of all activities outlined in the Camp Carnival Activity Schedules, Specialty Programs & Family Activities and inform the guests accordingly if asked and ensure they are carried out as per expectations.
- Abiding by rules and regulations set forth by company and/or ship’s command and attend all training programs as specified by CCL (including all safety drills & training exercises, Environmental Training and Corporate Training Programs).
- Keeping up the children’s hygiene level by consistently tending to their needs. (Example: Diapering, washing hands, wiping nose, etc.)
- Ensure the playroom is cleaned & organized as per standards established at the end of each shift.
- Greet, interact and relay information to all parents/guardians in a professional, patient, upbeat manner.
- Ensuring friendly, jovial and positive attitude with children and parents at all times.
- All new Camp Carnival Staff must successfully complete the 3 month Training program conducted by the Assistant Youth Director / Youth Director.
Must have and present one of the following or a Diploma/Degree very similar to one listed below plus at least 2 year of experience:
- Child Care Certification (translated into English)
- Teaching Degree
- Psychology Degree (must have experience working with children)
- Recreation Diploma (must have experience working with children)
- Creative Background (Artistic)
- Special Needs Worker
- Child & Youth Worker Diploma
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Educational Assistant Diploma
Must have at least 2 years of experience working in the following field:
- At Camps as Camp Counsellor’s (Summer Camps/Sport Camps/Special Needs Camps)
- YMCA or other after school programs
- Leading large groups of children (Sport Coaches/Camp Counsellor)
- Any Professional child care setting
- Reference letters from the Employers are essential
- Must be able to speak proficient English. (speak, read and write fluently)
- Marlins Test for all non-English speaking countries (pass of 90%)
- Be able to obtain a valid passport and United States C1/D Visas. (USC and Canadians don’t need a C1/D Visa)
- Submit criminal background check.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Submit CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- Must have hospitality skills & be focused on guest services.
- Must be willing to work with children from ages 2 to 11 years old and children with special needs as well as children under the age of 2 years.
- Must be able and willing to change children’s diapers.
- Must be outgoing and able to lead large groups of children.
- Competitive salary ($1,600).
- Wake up in a new destination everyday and travel the world.
- All food and accommodation costs included.
- Take your first career steps in the travel and tourism industry
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends