Carnival Cruise Lines – Youth Staff Job Description
Youth Staff are responsible for providing the most unforgettable holiday experiences for the youngest guests at sea.
You will be part of a committed and energetic team ensuring that children and teens on board have the best holiday possible!
You would be working in the kids’ club section of the ship providing safe, fun filled and age appropriate activities for children aged between 2-5 (the Penguins), 6-8 (the Stingrays), 9-11 (the Sharks) and 12-17 (Club O2) years old.
The Youth Staff can either work with the kids or the teens. The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Ensuring the safety and supervision of all children participating in activities.
- Follow and implement the Policies and Procedures set forth in the Hotel Operations Manual and maintain an up to date knowledge of the manual.
- Be aware of all activities outlined in the Activity Schedules, Specialty Programs & Family Activities and inform the guests accordingly if asked and ensure they are carried out as per expectations.
- Abiding by rules and regulations set forth by company and/or ship’s command and attend all training programs as specified by CCL (including all safety drills & training exercises, Environmental Training and Corporate Training Programs).
- Keeping up the children’s hygiene level by consistently tending to their needs. (Example: Diapering, washing hands, wiping nose, etc.)
- Ensure the playroom is cleaned & organized as per standards established at the end of each shift.
- Greet, interact and relay information to all parents/guardians in a professional, patient, upbeat manner.
- Minimum Level 2 or 3 in Childcare, Youth work or equivalent
- Two years’ childcare, youth work or teaching experience
- Competitive salary
- Wake up in a new destination every day and travel the world
- All food and accommodation costs included
- Flights to and from sign off port booked and paid for by the company
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends
Apply for this job