Youth Staff Job Description and Apply
The Youth Staff are responsible for providing safe, fun filled and age appropriate activities for children and teens on board.
You will be part of a committed and energetic team ensuring that teens (aged 12-17) or kids aged (2-11) have the best holiday possible!
The teens are split into two age groups, Circle C (for the 12-14s) or Club O2 (for 15 – 17s). Whilst the younger ones are split into the Penguins (2- 5 years), Stingrays (6-8 years) and Sharks (9-11 years).
For the teens activities you’ll be supervising and planning activities including: dance parties, movie nights, scavenger hunts, Karaoke, sports activities – (including games like dodge ball, basketball and mini golf), music activities (including games and activities like music trivia), arts and crafts and of course Carnival Twister Waterslide races!
For the younger ones you’ll be providing an action packed programme of Arts and crafts, songs, games, dancing, movies and video games. When it’s mealtime, kids eat together and get their own menus with back-on-land faves like mac & cheese, chicken nuggets and more.
- Ensure friendly and positive attitude with teens/children and parents at all times
- Ensure the safety and supervision of all children/teens participating in activities
- For those working whit younger children- Keeping up children’s hygiene by consistently tending to their needs (diapering, washing hands, wiping noses, etc.)
- Interact with children/teens as fits the occasion
- Act in the supervisory role within the program. Organise, start-up, run, and transition all activities for the children/teens
- Ensure the children/teen zones are cleaned and organised
- To maintain that youth supplies and property are kept in good order and that proper inventories are kept up to date
- To supervise the waterslide operations and ensure all safety rules and regulations are being followed
- Actively participate in assigned activities including, but not limited to training sessions, drills, safety briefings, including “Port Manning”, meetings and performances, as required
- Must be willing to perform CPR and First Aid as needed.
- Level 3 or relevant degree in education, childcare, youth work, social work or other related qualification
- 21 years of age or above
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with teens or children in a youth work, teaching, after school club, nursery, camp counselor or sports coaching role
- Available for a 6 – 8 month contract at sea
- Available to attend an assessment day on either 6th June in Manchester or 8th June in London.
- Travel to amazing destinations including The Caribbean, The Bahamas or the USA
- Make a worldwide network of friends
- All accommodation and meals provided
- Flights to and from the ship booked and paid for
Apply for this job