Carnival Cruise Lines – Activity Host Job Description
Do you have a background in dance, drama or performing arts?
Are you a natural born entertainer?
If you think you can captivate an audience of energetic holiday-makers, this could well be the role for you!
As an Activity Host you will host, assist, train, create and observe many activities and events at different levels throughout your time on-board. One of your primary roles is to assist the Cruise Director on a daily basis in creating a fun and entertaining environment for guests. You will be using a microphone and managing crowds while also gaining a basic foundation of office and management knowledge.
Your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Host basic activities, some of which will generate revenue
- Socialise with guests at different events throughout the ship
- Perform alongside other entertainment team members
- Be a reliable and friendly source of reference to inform guests
- Assist with show watch and crowd control
- Demonstrate commitment to Carnival’s Service Values
- Actively participate in assigned activities including, but not limited to training, drills, safety briefings, including “Port Manning”, meetings and performances, as required
- Applicable experience as an M.C. or host for weddings, hotels, resorts, cruise ships, or similar venues is preferred
- The ability to interact effectively and make connections with people of different age groups
- The ability to extend beyond a host into an entertainer
- The motivation to go above and beyond for our guests
- Natural ability to communicate with others and work in a team or independently
- Strong microphone skills
- Be open to flexible working hours; starting early mornings, up to 10 hours a day
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Applicable theatre background/knowledge is preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- All flights and transfers included
- Accommodation and meals provided on ship
- Competitive salary
- Develop your career working for one of the largest cruise companies in the World
- Meet colleagues from all parts of the globe
- Develop a life-long career at sea
Apply for this job