This is an excellent opportunity to develop the applications of the UK’s leading sports camp provider for children. Serving a young market, we constantly need to update and develop our systems, use the latest technologies and integrate with new online services.
Working with us is so much more than doing the hours to take home a salary; it’s about contributing to our vision of a world where children and young people are active, happy and inspired to reach their potential.
You’ll be part of a small dynamic head-office team that’s committed to our very real mission of using sport and activity to enrich the lives of children and young people and help them to fulfil their potential. We provide activity camps for children, employment opportunities for young people, professional services to the leisure industry and training and resources for volunteers.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated senior web developer to be the primary developer for our PHP-based software platform. Responsible for the development and performance of our entire infrastructure (under the leadership and management of the Head of Design and Development), you’ll develop new solutions, improve existing ones, commission external suppliers and manage support contracts. You’ll work on responsive websites, databases, e-commerce solutions and mobile apps as well as the AWS and Docker infrastructure that enables them. Our systems are essential to thousands of staff, parents, and children across the UK who attend our programmes and use our services.
Platforms and technologies we use:
• PHP (including frameworks like Laravel and CakePHP), MySQL, Apache
• Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Git, Docker
• Educated at degree-level or have gained equivalent workplace skills
• 3 years experience in a commercial environment
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented coding (both client and server side)
• Able to demonstrate an understanding of MySQL and query optimisation
• Good knowledge of software development processes including version-control and testing
• In-depth knowledge of web-based systems using the LAMP stack
• Experience of system integration and authentication, with REST APIs and JSON/XML data
• An understand of hosted platforms like Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
• Able to communicate and contribute well as part of a team
• Self-disciplined, able to prioritise, with good motivation and organisation skills
This is a full-time role (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm), based at our Sheffield Head Office, reporting to the Head of Design and Development with monthly 1:1 meetings and yearly work reviews. The Head of Design and Development will provide technical knowledge and guidance about all aspects of our applications and systems, as well as providing strategic direction for IT.
To apply, please email Samantha Hay at email@example.com with your CV and the reasons why you’d be great for this role.More Kings Recruit Vacancies