Recreation Staff, Norwegian Cruise Line
About the role
Get your dream job in the sunshine working for one of the world’s largest cruising companies, Norwegian Cruise Line. You could be a member of their esteemed Cruise Programs team, ensuring safe and efficient operation of onboard recreational areas, including the Aqua Park, Bungee, Bowling Rock Climbing and Sports Courts ensuring guests have an enjoyable and active holiday – all whilst sailing around the globe!
NCL offers freedom and flexibility to their guests. You can find their ships travelling the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Hawaii, South America, Alaska and Australia (to name just a few incredible destinations).
Recreation Staff are responsible for ensuring that events/ tournaments are well prepared and delivered effectively, enabling guest to enjoy their holiday of a lifetime. Recreation Staff must be friendly, approachable and accessible to guests and passionate about delivering a safe and great experience whilst embracing the Norwegian mission to provide a consistently superior cruise vacation by exceeding customer expectations.
You would be on board for 6 months at a time and in your spare time be able to explore some amazing destinations!
- Recreation Staff must be passionate about working with guests of all ages and embrace the Norwegian Mission
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Recreation activities
- Understand and enforce the guidelines for safe practices when guests are using the various activities and events in any Recreation venues
- Be comfortable speaking with and interacting with guests of all ages, regarding Recreation activities and policies and guidelines.
- Required to have very good customer service skills dealing with both adults and
children that will be participating at events held in all Recreation venues
- Ability to host an event or tournament for up to 100 guests with clarity and projection of voice
- Keep necessary records of equipment use to comply with safety standards
- Ensure waivers are signed before guest participates in any organized event on the
corresponding Recreation venue
- Provide feedback daily to the Assistant Cruise Director of events that occurred that
may need further attention or guest follow up
- May be required to assist with escorting Nickelodeon characters, helping out
with Nickelodeon events and will be trained to understand the Nickelodeon brand.
- Required to attend and contribute where applicable to any departmental or ship
- High School diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Minimum of six months experience in a hotel, resort or similar customer service position
- Instructed / coaches in organised sporting events is preferred
- Intermediate level of verbal and written skills in English is required and in other languages preferred
- Experience of working with all age groups required
- Detail orientated and attentive
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Outgoing Nature
- Professional demeanour
- Energetic character
- Travel to some amazing destinations in the Caribbean, The Bahamas, Australia or the USA
- Competitive salary – $2,000 per month
- Food and accommodation costs met
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends.
Click here to apply
For details of other roles in the childcare team with NCL, click here to view all latest vacancies