Cruise Staff, Norwegian Cruise Line
About the role
Get your dream job in the sunshine working for one of the world’s largest cruising companies, Norwegian Cruise Line. You could be a member of their esteemed Cruise Programs Entertainment team, ensuring all events take place safely and promptly heir holiday – all whilst sailing around the globe!
NCL offers freedom and flexibility to their guests. You can find their ships travelling the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Hawaii, South America, Alaska and Australia (to name just a few incredible destinations).
Cruise Staff are responsible for ensuring that entertainment events are well prepared and delivered effectively, enabling guest to enjoy their holiday of a lifetime. Cruise Staff must be friendly, approachable and accessible to guests and passionate about delivering a great experience and embrace the Norwegian mission to provide a consistently superior cruise vacation by exceeding customer expectations.
You would be on board for 6 months at a time and in your spare time be able to explore some amazing destinations!
Under the direction of the Cruise Director, Cruise Staff are responsible for the participation and leadership of activities and events, engaging guests in an entertaining manner and responsible for the supervision and management of guests in entertainment-related activities. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Cruise Staff must be passionate about embracing the Norwegian Mission
- Serve as an effective leader in any of the assigned Cruise Programs activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled
- Aid in the training of new Cruise Programs team members
- Serve as an effective Master of Ceremonies using their personality, talents and language ability to engage audiences of all sizes
- Assist with Box Office Operations and Recreational facilities
- Proactive and creative in relation to programming and maintaining guest satisfaction scores.
- Ordering, organizing and maintaining inventories and safe storage of all supplies
- Accessible to and approachable at all times. You must be capable of being a patient listener while making the guests feel at home
- Problem solving and conflict resolution for our guests are the direct responsibility of
the Cruise Staff following shipboard guidelines and under the direction of management
- Meet & Greet guests upon embarkation and disembarkation.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Bachelors Degree in Arts, Recreation or Hospitality preferred.
- Minimum of one years experience in a similar role in the service/ entertainment industry
- Minimum of two years work experience working in a recreation / hospitality / entertainment related field.
- Intermediate level of verbal and written skills in at least one other language, such as German, Spanish, Russian, French or Italian
- Entertainment skills such as hosting (MC), singing, dancing or circus skills are preferred
- Detail orientated and attentive
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Outgoing Nature
- Professional demeanour
- Energetic character
- Travel to some amazing destinations in the Caribbean, The Bahamas, Australia or the USA
- Competitive salary – $2,200 per month
- Food and accommodation costs met
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends.
Click here to apply
For details of other roles in the childcare team with NCL, click here to view all latest vacancies