*NEW* Carnival UK – Playroom
Join us aboard P&O or Cunard Line and start your dream job on-board ship!
Working as part of the wider Youth Team, you’ll have the opportunity to work in the Playroom (6months – 8 years), where you’ll help create memorable experiences through engaging activities, ensuring a safe and friendly holiday environment for all.
With seasonal (Easter, summer and October) and permanent roles available, you’ll be delivering your role whilst sailing the seas on board one of Carnival’s luxury fleet.
- Provide excellent entertainment and high quality care to all passengers aged between 6 months and 8 years.
- Plan and deliver activities in line with CUK safeguarding children policies and procedures.
- Lead and take part in activities in the Youth Facility, and, when required in other public areas of the ship.
- Respond to individual child needs appropriately and in line with the Youth Facility’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the administration of the Youth Facility, keeping accurate records of incidents and accidents.
- Communicate with parents to ensure an effective flow of information about individual children and their needs, and ensure the management of expectations.
- CACHE Level 3 in Early years Childcare, City & Guilds National Vocational Level 3 in Childcare, EDEXCEL Level 3 in Childcare or a Degree in childhood studies or early years.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children aged 2-8 in a nursery or childcare setting, after achieving your childcare qualification
- Knowledge & ability to demonstrate safeguarding responsibilities
- Experience of coaching / teaching children in arts, dance or sport
- Paediatric First Aid desirable
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Passion for working with young children & teenagers
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Outgoing nature
- Professional demeanour
- Energetic character
- Competitive salary
- Food, accommodation and uniform costs included
- All international embarkation and disembarkation flights included (if required)
- Add an additional dimension to your childcare experience
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends
- Gain amazing experiences working on a luxury cruise ship
How to Apply
Please share an up-to-date CV and answer the following 5 suitability questions (without these we cannot put forward your application):
- The position you are applying for Youth Staff (9 – 17 years) or Playroom staff (1-8 years)
- The relevant qualification you hold for the position you are applying for
- If you have you been fully vaccinated (2 vaccines) against Covid-19
- If you are applying for a seasonal (Easter, summer, October 2022) or a permanent role
- If you are happy for your data to be shared directly with Carnival UK
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 30th November
Carnival UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks, including an Enhanced DBS Check and a Medical ENG1 certificate.