Destinations: Val d’Isère, Tignes, La Plagne, Méribel and Les Deux Alpes.
It’s the perfect experience that will combine your love for children with the chance to work in this fun, vibrant environment. You will make plenty of new friends, learn new skills and have the time of your life! With our fully inclusive staff benefits package you don’t have to worry about a thing. Your role will be based in the hotel crèche and your responsibility will be to provide fun, creative and safe activities for children from four months to 12 years. Activities can include snowman building, hot chocolate trips and sledging so you need to have plenty of energy and enthusiasm! You will also need to be qualified or have 2 years full time experience in childcare.
This could also lead to opportunities in our Mediterranean beach resorts in the Summer.
To work as an active member of the childcare department, demonstrating initiative, creativity and team work.
To foster an environment which encourages the children’s all round development and provides high standards of care, whilst supporting positive relationships with children and their families.
• Be a reliable member of a team, working cooperatively and with flexibility.
• Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity. Where appropriate, participate in a ‘Key worker’ system and take a special interest in a specified number of children.
• Develop excellent communications with parent/guardians, respecting the individual needs of each family.
• Supervise children at play (indoor and outdoor), various activities and experiences.
• Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children.
• Supervise children as required at food times, serving this and acting as a role model to develop eating abilities, establish meal and snack time routines. To be aware of special diets and allergies.
• To participate in the creation and development of an attractive, secure, safe and stimulating environment for the children in the department.
• Understand each child as an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development.
• To be confident and reassuring when meeting parents or visitors, in order to project a happy, caring and efficient environment and to refer to appropriate members of the team/department.
• To take an active part in childcare projects and special events.
• To assist with developing good communication with other departments. .
• To attend and take an active part in staff meetings and training sessions as required.
• Participate in all self-development activities, including appraisals, etc.
• Develop positive relationships with other staff working within the department.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• To work in accordance with the all policies and procedures of the company, with special reference to health and safety, and conforming to the established risk assessment programme.
• Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety, hygiene and cleanliness throughout the department.
• Ensure the general cleanliness of the children and the department at all times.
• Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the nappy changing area and food handling.
• Be familiar with all emergency and security procedures, e.g. Emergency evacuation procedure, routines for dropping off and collecting children.
• Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures including attendance at meetings, preparation of reports and any other duties as required.
• Relief duties in other departments where necessary.