Swim Coach Job Description
As part of the Kings Camps team, the Swimming Coach is responsible for the planning, preparation and delivery of all swimming sessions for groups of children aged between 4 and 17 years old. Children on camp are grouped into three age categories; 4-7s, 8-10s, 11-17s. The Kings Camps swimming programme includes a prescribed range of swim coaching activities as well as fun games and themed sessions.
Kings Camps are no ordinary camps; our coaching teams not only deliver high quality sports sessions, they embody our Kings Factor® ethos. The Kings Factor® is an energy, passion and commitment to child development.
- A full STA Level 2 Swimming Teachers Certificate or ASA Level 2 Certificate for teaching swimming (previously ASA Full Teachers)
- A valid NPLQ, NARS qualification or National Rescue Test for Teachers
- Experience of working with children aged 4-17 in a swimming coaching/teaching setting
- A passion for sports
- Great leadership and organisational skills
- A vibrant, fun and confident personality
- A team player with a willingness to adapt
Staff selection policy
Child welfare is our number one priority and therefore all Kings Camps staff must:
- Be interviewed
- Provide professional and personal references
- Complete an Enhanced Disclosure Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)
- Experience of working with large groups of mixed ability children such as in a school environment
- Experience of working with children aged 4-17 within a sports coaching environment
- A valid paediatric first aid qualification
Dates / Locations
- Kings Camps take place during the school holidays in February, Easter, May, Summer and October.
- Over 50 locations in England, Scotland and Wales
For those with a Level 1 Swimming Teachers Certificate there are also opportunities available as an Assistant Coach at selected venues.