Soccer Coach – Job description
As part of the Kings Camps team the Soccer Coach is responsible for the day to day running of the International Soccer School including the planning and preparation of the programme to a group of children aged 5-10 years. The International Soccer School programme includes a prescribed range of football coaching, games and themed activities. On larger camps Soccer Coaches will lead and motivate, ensuring the highest levels of care, coaching, organisation and health and safety are delivered.
Kings Camps are no ordinary camps; our coaching teams not only deliver high quality sports sessions, they embody our Kings Factor® ethos. The Kings Factor® is an energy, passion and commitment to child development.
- Experience of leading the delivery of football sessions to children aged 5-10 years
- FA Level 1 football coaching qualification
- A passion for sports
- Studying towards or already completed a degree in sports, teaching, coaching or PE qualification
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Vibrant, fun, confident personality
- Team player with a willingness to adapt
Staff selection policy
Child welfare is our number one priority and therefore all Kings Camps staff must:
- Be interviewed
- Provide professional and personal references
- Complete an Enhanced Disclosure Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)
- FA Level 2 football coaching qualification
- Experience of team management and extensive children’s football coaching experience
- A NGB sports coaching qualification or equivalent in at least 2 different sports
- Strong background in playing or officiating sport
- A valid pediatric first aid qualification
Dates / Locations
- Kings Camps take place during the school holidays in February, Easter, May, Summer and October.
- Over 50 locations in England, Scotland and Wales
For coaches with less experience and qualifications than are required for the Soccer Coach position there are also opportunities available for Assistant Soccer Coaches in the International Soccer Schools.