UK: Regional Manager at Kings Camps
As part of the Kings Camps management team the Regional Manager has overall responsibility for a number of Kings Camps within a geographical area (4-10 camps). The Regional Manager’s primary role is to manage, support and audit a group of camps.
Kings Camps are no ordinary camps; our coaching teams not only deliver high quality sports sessions, they embody our Kings Factor® ethos. The Kings Factor® is an energy, passion and commitment to child development.
- At least 2 years’ sports coaching experience and worked at least two seasons of children’s activity holiday programme
- Experience in a leadership or management role with observations and feedback
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate – ‘a people person’
- Good organisational skills with determination to follow clear procedures, hit targets and deadlines
- Passionate about sport and child development
- Commitment to high quality customer service to parents and children
- Team player with a willingness to adapt
- Full and current driving license and own transport
- Fully supportive of the Christian ethos of the Kings Foundation
Staff selection policy
Child welfare is our number one priority and therefore all Kings Camps staff must:
- Be interviewed
- Provide professional and personal references
- Complete an Enhanced Disclosure Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)
Areas of responsibility
- Communicate site specific issues with all managers prior to camp using a pre-camp checklist.
- Support those new to management by attending their first day of camp.
- Deliver staff induction training in camps where there is a new manager, prior to camps starting.
- Hold levels of stock and staff uniforms and replenish camps as necessary.
- Be a first point of contact to managers in your region troubleshooting, dealing with recruitment problems, responding to incidents and providing advice.
- Maintain consistently high standards on camps using a standard checklist and report targets and action plans electronically to Head office immediately after each camp visit.
- Carry out quantitative camp audits.
- Monitor staff development on each camp and report back rising stars and coaching award nominations.
- Act as the responsible person for child protection in your region.
- Ensure all camps are closed effectively with a mind to venue relations, stocktake and equipment packing.
- Carry out work review and feedback for all managers.
APPLY(creating a profile is your application for this job)