UK: Sales and Customer Service Manager
About the Role
To provide an initial nine months maternity cover and assume responsibilities for engaging our 20,000 Kings Camps members, leading a small team whose mission is to provide a membership experience that positively impacts parents and children and increases membership sales.
This is a very exciting role for the right candidate, as it will require the delivery of new and exciting service and sales initiatives into the Membership Team.
We would require the successful applicant to start in role in early July 2017, working alongside the existing Membership Manager for up to 3 months prior to their maternity cover starting in October.
This initial 9-month contract may be open to extension based on the requirements of the organisation.
- Working to achieve the initiatives outlined within the existing Membership 2017 plan
- Assist with the planning of Kings Camps, including: venues and camp dates, programmes, pricing and discounts
- Work with Design and Development to help develop Kings Camps marketing plans
- Delivery of the initiatives outlined within the existing Membership 2017 plan
- Provide excellent customer service to both new enquiries and existing members, across all media, including: post, email, SMS, web chat, phone and social media
- Deliver membership marketing campaigns across all media, including: post, email, SMS phone and social media
- Build our reputation with members by communicating Kings Camps values and personality consistently in all interactions
- Monitor and deliver the sales and service targets agreed, maximising conversion of booking opportunities from potential members
- Identify and convert key partners to increase bookings from Family & Friends
Coordinators, Supporting Families Programme and partner organisations
- Assist the Promotions Coordinator and Marketing Campaigns Officer to deliver their campaigns
- Recruit, train and manage a high-performing Membership Team
- Monitor calls, emails, websites and social media to ensure timely response to members, including: booking enquiries, questions, comments, complaints, etc
- Manage Kings Camps on-camp incidents and complaints
- Keep the Head of Partner Relations up to date with membership sales and service performance
- Provide reports and updates to the management team and wider organisation
Conditions of Work & Benefits
- Based at Sheffield Head Office with travel in UK and abroad
- Office hours: 37.5 hours Mon-Fri within 8am-6pm. Membership services involves extended hours and weekend work at peak times during the year.
- Report directly to Head of Partner Relations with monthly 1:1 meetings
- Frequent performance reviews as prescribed by the organisation
- Salary – £23,000 to £25,000 (dependant on experience)
Ideal Personal Specification
- The candidate will need to be a self-starting, experienced manager
- At least 3 years’ experience in a customer service role within a sales environment
- Vibrant team leader that enjoys working to targets and motivates those around them
- Expansive mind-set, ambitious for success and committed to being remarkable
- Experience of compiling reports, interpreting data and making recommendations
- Excellent communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Experience of strategic planning and delivery is essential
- Motivated by; and supportive of; the mission and values of the King’s Foundation
- High level of verbal and written communication with attention to detail
Established in 1991, the Kings Foundation is the charity that gets children active.
We are experts in using active games, sport and fun to connect with children at an early age and inspire them to adopt a healthy lifestyle. We deliver activity programmes and train others to deliver activity programmes.
We are a small team doing big things. We have a passion for our work and a desire to get more children active and adopting a healthy lifestyle by contributing to their physical, emotional and spiritual development.
We have 4 brands that individually speak to their specific target audiences but are united by our mission of getting children active, adopting a healthy lifestyle and fulfilling their potential.
- Kings Active – our business to business brand
- Kings Camps – our brand that connects with parents
- Kings Recruit – our brand that connects with young people
- Kings Volunteer – our brand that connects with international development agencies and volunteers
Applying for this job
– Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Application deadline: 4th June 2017
More Kings Recruit Vacancies